Thank you all for your solidarity in helping the people of Ukraine. We are overwhelmed by the response from our local community and our parishioners. I cannot help but to remind you that many of our parishioners have families and friends now caught up in a senseless war. They need our help and the Assumption Catholic Parish and School working tirelessly to provide humanitarian assistance to the people of Ukraine. This is what we did so far:
1.We sent checks totaling $23,500 to the Ukrainian Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia Humanitarian Aid Fund. This total includes $10,000 from our parish and over $13,500 in checks sent to us but written to Ukrainian Archeparchy. Also, many of our parishioners send their checks directly to the Ukrainian Archeparchy. You can still donate on the Philadelphia Archdiocese’s website www.ukrarcheparchy.us and click on Donate through PAYPAL and select “WAR VICTIMS AND HUMANITARIAN CRISIS IN UKRAINE”
2. We sent a check of $10,000 to the Ukrainian Hero Fund in Chicago that will be used to buy protective military gear for the soldiers.
3. Helped, Anna Maria US ($500) and Collegium Musicum ($550) with shipping of items that will be assembled to Medical Rescue Kits and delivered to paramedics “Hospitallers” directly to the fields and hospitals in Ukraine.
4. We have been collecting medical supplies for the past three weeks and spent a lot of time sorting and boxing up those donations. With a little muscle and a lot of faith, recently we sent 27 boxes (987 lb) of medical supplies to Ukraine. The 2 palets of supplies were sent to Sambir – Drohobych Seminary, to the attention of Bishop Hryhoriy Komar, an Auxiliary bishop of Sambir– Drohobych Eparchy, who has contacts with hospitals, soldiers units and refugees that now are living in the seminary and in the city. Bishop Komar, seminarians, priest chaplains will distribute our goods to the Ukrainian soldiers, hospitals and refugees. Thanks to the MEEST parcel delivery company for the discount on shipping, we paid $2,270.10 in shipment. We are preparing another shipment of medical supplies to Ukraine.
5. Planing to organize a Parish meeting with immigration lawyers to guide people through a mound of paperwork when applying for Temporary Protected Status. If any Ukrainian speaking Immigration Attorney willing to come and speak to our parishioners, please call Fr. Turyk 202 368 2408.
5. Through faith, so many people have donated, folks we’ve never heard of and folks we don’t know. Churches, Assumption school parents and individuals from all over NJ. Right now, we’re actually taking a pause in collecting any supplies because what we hear from our colleagues who are working around the clock in Ukraine, on the ground, is that money is what will help people the fastest.
For the monetary donation, you can write a check to Assumption Catholic Church, leave your donation at the school office or send it to our parish office at Assumption Church, 684 Alta Vista Pl, Perth Amboy, NJ 08861.
May God bless all of you! Together to Victory!
God Protect Ukraine and God Bless the United States of America!