50th ANNIVERSARY PRAYER
Published: October 22, 2013
by Rev. Ivan Turyk
Dear Lord and Good Teacher,
We thank you for giving us the opportunity to celebrate this wonderful occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Assumption Catholic School. At this special time we give thanks for all of you who are here present and all those who have contributed to the life and success of this school throughout the 50 years history.
Almighty Lord, as we mark and celebrate 50 years of service to this community, we also give thanks for those who have learned about you here, those who have grown in faith here and those who have made Assumption School a special place.
- We thank you for our parish priests and parishioners for providing the material and spiritual support to our school for all these years.
- We thank you for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia for its distinguished spiritual guidance to our school since the founding of the school.
- We thank you for the Diocese of Metuchen and their staffs for providing direction and guidance to our principals, faculty and school staff.
- We thank you for the Sisters from the Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of the Mother of God, who continue to work here from the first day in 1963.
- We thank you for the principals, faculty and whose leadership and dedication to Catholic schools makes our schools strong.
- We thank you for parents who entrust their children to us.
- We thank you for all benefactors whose generous support assists us in providing the very best for our young.
- We thank you for all current students and the one who went through Assumption Catholic and now offering distinguished services to our people and our country.
- We thank you for the life of those who worked and served at the school and now have departed, may they rest in peace.
May the staff, parents and children always value their time and each other’s efforts at this school. May they look back in appreciation and forward in hope.
Today, as we celebrate this milestone not only in the life of the Assumption Catholic School in Perth Amboy but of our entire Ukrainian Catholic Church in the United States, we we ask your blessings on us and we pray that students of the present and future generations may learn in this school to know, to love, and to serve the only true God, and to worship Him according the sacred traditions of our ancestors in the Ukrainian Rite of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
We ask the Patroness of our school, the Blessed Virgin Mary, to keep us under her special protection, so that we may prove ourselves worthy of God’s continued blessings for many years to come.